I lost my dear brother in law Chad. He and I had known each other since high school. We shared alot of stories. He was a good friend to me. Mostly because he was one person I could always count on. He always accepted me faults and all. He used to tease me about being "old" because i was a month older than him. And he jokingly teased that it was my fault for introducing him to Lisa, then he would thank me for it. I miss being able to ask him for advice. He never pulled any punches with me and I was grateful for that, although not always at that moment. He was the kind of man I hope my boys grow up to be.
I also lost my Dad, after a 2 1/2 year battle with Pancreatic Cancer. He was diagnosed in 2008 and we were told he was terminal. It was hard for me. As a nurse I knew the prognosis, as his daughter I hoped it was wrong. I fought to find a balance between the two. It was really hard for me to watch him go thru the chemo trials. I knew he was trying to take every opportunity to fight, but I also knew that the chemo was doing more damage than good. I seriously questioned the quality vs quantity issue of his life. Every time I saw him, I saw that battle, and it hurt. He was my rock and my strength. He loved me faults and all too. I love him.
I was blessed with a brand new baby girl. Lilianna Marie. She is a real joy to me and her big sister. Rosie is excited to have a little sister but a little disappointed that she can't play yet. Ian wants to help and hold her all the time. Lili shares her birthday with her big brother Nic and seems to share his love of music.
Then, I was hit with the reality that my boys are now adults. Tim turned 20 and Nic turned 18 this year. I am still not sure how I feel about this. Tim moved out and finished his EMT program. Nic has recieved multiple acceptance letters for college.
Ian has started Cub Scouts and Rosie is amazing me daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment