Ian started 1st grade yesterday. He was excited to go. I on the other hand came to the realization that he is growing up much faster than I would prefer. He is suddenly a boy with his own opinions and preferences. I can no longer lay out clothes for him and expect him to wear them, he wants to pick put his own....whether or not they match. This morning he left wearing two different socks. He was well aware of this and insisted it was what he wanted to wear. All I could do was wave goodbye as the bus pulled away and hope he doesn't get teased about it. As a parent, I worry about his grades, the safety of the school bus ride, etc. but, what worries me the most is ...What if he gets teased or picked on at school. I can't protect him.
I know this is silly and there are much greater dangers and obstacles in the world. It just happens to be the one thing that struck me today as the thing I was worried about. I guess I will know how he fared when he gets off the bus this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment