1.25.2009

Frustration followed by excitement

I am sooo frustrated!!! and also excited.

Let me explain, I am on this weight loss quest. I have been really good...going to the gym daily, eating healthy and not snacking, cut down to two sodas a day (working on cutting it out completely), etc. As part of this I having been weighing once a week. I dropped 5 lbs right off the bat. That was two weeks ago. The scale has not moved since, not down and not up. I was so frustrated with it that I made Ian stand on the scale just so I could make sure it was working correctly.....it was. 

Now on the flip side I was able to put on a pair of jeans this morning that 3 weeks ago I couldn't get into. These were the jeans that you have to lay down on the bed and use a pair of pliers to pull up the zipper. This morning, I put them on and not only could I get into them fairly easily, I could zip them.....while standing up!!!!  I was excited, because although the scale hasnt moved, I now have proof that what I am doing is working.

3 comments:

Tina said...

I think jeans are a good indicator. 'Way to go!

Hannah said...

Honey, my scale hasn't moved in three months, but I went down a pants size right before Christmas. Now those pants are a bit tight right now, but working on that too...don't go by the scale or buy one with a body fat thing too.

Sam Ransom said...

I've heard a lot about doing the scale but also doing your measurements. The measurements can really help you see a difference even when you aren't getting it from the scale. So maybe try that if you think it would help. I keep meaning to do it because I have certain spots I want to target, but I always think about after I have eaten and who wants to do their measurements then!!