1.19.2010

Pouting and packing going on in my house

Got word yesterday that the rental house in Kearney should be ready to move into this coming weekend. Yes, it is quick but I sooo need to move. I have hit my max on patience with my grandfather. I need a break away from him. He is a stubborn, manipulative, pain in the a**. (at least we know I come by it honestly) If he were a resident at a facility where I worked, it wouldn't be so bad because I would get time away and two days off every week. Living with him I get no true break away from him. Yesterday was the icing on the cake for me. I had just finished scolding Ian for hiding the remote from grandpa. I took the remote away, changed the channel to CNN and gave the remote to grandpa. I walk out of the room and get 1/2 across the dining room only to hear Ian start screeching again. I figure grandpa has made a face at him or something similar and Ian was mad so he was screeching and walk back in ready to remove Ian from the room. INSTEAD, I find my grandfather smacking Ian. Open handed hitting him, where ever he could reach. Now I grant you my grandfather doesn't have much strength behind his hits but, HE WAS HITTING MY CHILD. I freaked! I completely lost my temper with him, yelling and pointing my finger. How dare he raise a hand to my child, my own mother doesn't even spank my children except in extreme circumstances. Oh, I was pissed. So now Ian has been banished from the front room and dining room. It is the only way I can keep him and grandpa apart. This is where the "very thankful I am moving next weekend" comes in. After all this happens, I apologized to grandpa for losing my temper and tried to talk to him about why I was so upset. He responses by telling me this just isnt working anymore and he is going to sell the house and move to a nursing home so he can just die. (Manipulative SOB) I reminded him the house was his and I reminded him I am moving to Kearney. He informs me he is moving back home to Bethany by himself until he dies. I again reminded him the house in Smithville is his, bought and paid for, and that he can not live on his own so Meg is moving up to the house to take care of him. Again he tells me that wont work, Meg has to many thing to do she cant take care of him, she has kids and a husband, blah, blah, blah. I bit my tongue. After another 10 minutes of this crap from him, I was quickly losing my temper again. I finally just got in his face and told him...Grandpa you do not get to do this to me. I am just as stubborn and pigheaded as you are. The house is paid for, you are staying here, I am moving out, Meg is moving in, AND YOU WILL BE NICE TO HER. This is the end of this discussion. Then I got up and walked out. He is still pouting this morning and I am packing.

No comments: