There was a rose bush at the house in Bethany that is 100-ish
years old. My sister took cuttings off of it this summer in hopes they would survive and allow us to
re-plant them and keep part of the rose bush alive. They didn't show any signs of rooting so we had given up hope.
But I was lazy and just left the pots on my front porch. As it turned out being lazy was a good thing this time...The cuttings had leaves.
Now if they just survive the winter.
years old. My sister took cuttings off of it this summer in hopes they would survive and allow us to
re-plant them and keep part of the rose bush alive. They didn't show any signs of rooting so we had given up hope.
But I was lazy and just left the pots on my front porch. As it turned out being lazy was a good thing this time...The cuttings had leaves.
Now if they just survive the winter.

1 comment:
We need to make sure we put them in the garage soon. I am not sure that the hard freezes that are sure to come would be too good for them. Of course we have to make sure that we put them out of harms way. Knowing puppies, I think that Suzie might like to knaw them to shreds. At least that is what Smooch would do. She loves sticks and thought that my new lilac was a marvelous place to chew off her own branches to play with.
Post a Comment