
I went to my ortho appointment this morning. I saw two doctors. Both of which agree the left leg is definitely broken. It is a non-displaced tibia fracture. The right leg is a grade 2 sprain. No significant tears or damage to the ligaments or tendons. So I am in a cast boot on the left and a splint on the right. I have been told I can weight-bear as tolerated with crutches. Their definition of tolerated is not the same as mine. I am ok for about 45 minutes on my feet then I HAVE to sit down because the pain and swelling become more than I am willing to tolerate.
It is terribly frustrating. I am also not used to asking for help. I try to be the one who people come to when they need help. My friends have been really great and brought over several dinner that are oven ready. The RS president (woman's group at church), came over and cleaned my kitchen. The whole time I am sitting there apoligizing because I feel bad she is doing it. People keep asking me what they can do and I don't know how to respond. There are things I am finding I can't do but I feel bad asking for help with them. I feel like I should be able to do it.
1 comment:
Girl, I feel for ya! At least you are documenting it so that you can have proof of your woes once things are mended. So, when someone lifts up their shirt to show off an awesome scar, you can flash this pic and show them some "been there, done that" hurt of your own! ;)
Post a Comment