9.13.2009

Friendship...

Today at church we had a wonderful lesson about friendship. Both being a friend and having friends. We listed several traits of a good friend...

KIND...FAITHFUL...POSITIVE...NOBLE...UNCONDITIONALLY LOVING...ENCOURAGING...UNDAUNTED...TRUTHFUL...SHARE IN YOUR JOYS AND SORROWS...COMPASSIONATE...GIVE AND RECIEVE SERVICE

I am very blessed to have a best friend. I met her in my freshman year in high school and we have been joined at the hip ever since. She knows every detail of my life...the good, the bad and the very, very ugly. She has stuck by me through it all. Now this is not to say that we haven't had our fights and trials. At one point we didn't speak for several years. But once the effort was made to reconnect it was as if no time had passed. I am very thankful to have her in my life. She truely understands me, even when I can't tell her what is wrong. I strive to be as good a friend to her as she is to me.

I am also very blessed to have sisters (this includes my sis-inlaws) that are also my friends. We grew up joking about the "Mayo Mafia". The idea being that once you are accepted by our family, you are in for life and if you were born into the family then it goes without saying. The other part of this is that family ALWAYS protects, loves, and stands up for family. No matter what. We are not bound only by blood or marriage but by friendship too. "...thou knowest not how strong those ties are that bind my soul and heart to thee..." (Joseph Smith)

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
~John 15:13


No comments: