7.30.2009

Smash and grab...not fun




Tuesday night, I went to the gym with Nic and Katie. We had a great workout, then came out to find the van's driver side window smashed. Normally, I take everything in and lock it in a locker. For some reason I didn't that night. I left my purse in the car under my gym bag. They took it. The only saving grace was, that my keys apparently got flipped out when they grabbed it. I found them between the seats. Now the kicker is, all they got was $80. I had that in cash in my wallet. They tried to use my bank card but I only had $3 in the checking account and all of the other cards I have are debit cards (the kind you have to add money to in order to use them)and I had not put anything on them this week. It is alot of frustration on my part though. I spent one entire day on the phone cancelling and reordering medical cards, bank accounts, grocery cards, etc. And one whole day getting my ID and SSN dealt with. I do have to give kudos to the North Patrol Police Division, in particular Officer Ellis. He was very prompt in his response to me and has been nothing but polite and helpful. I really appreciate being made to feel like this was being taken seriously. Not because I hope to get anything back but because I hope they can prevent it from happening to someone else.
On a funny note, the van is cleaner than it has been in awhile after the vaccumming to get all the glass out.

No comments: