I slept and took yesterday off from everything...except posting the pictures. Today I am working on a scrap book of the event and finalizing the fund raising. We had several offline donations that we need to get into the count before we publish a final number. So far it is looking good.
I made it to the gym this morning and managed a full weight workout and 250 yrds in the pool. Then I sat and reveled in the glorious bubbling water in the hot tub. As I sat there, I started thinking about what to do next.
So, I made a decision to do the Alzheimer's Association Memory Walk. It is in October and is only a 3 mile course. After having done the 10K it should be a piece of cake. Again this is something dear to me; my grandmother suffers with Alzheimer's. I have seen the impact this disease has on families. It is a hard thing to deal with. It is like losing the person twice...once as the mind dies and then again when the body dies. I have spent most of my nursing career working in Alzheimer's units. Now I care for my grandmother at home. I am glad to be able to provide her with the care she needs. Every now and again I am rewarded with a smile or a pat on the cheek. That makes it all worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment