I spent the past 5 days in Bethany with Grandpa Jim. He was in the hospital last week for excerbation of his congestive heart failure. Now part of this is probably due to his version of meals...Breakfast is a cinnamon roll and chocolate ensure, Lunch is an ensure (if he remembers), and dinner is a piece of chocolate cake with chocolate icing and a chocolare ensure. While I was there I made actual meals for him. If I made it and put it on the table and just told him to come eat he would but if I asked him what he wanted then he would not eat and just have a peice of cake. Needless to say I just made meals and told him to come eat.
We got home health set up to come in three days a week to clean and cook for him. He wasnt very happy about this. He kept fussing about it, but gave up when I reminded him I was just as stubborn as he was. Being there for more than a few hours, I really got to see how bad his short term memory loss is.
Hopefully, we can get things finalized and get him moved to KC quickly. WE have found a house and are in process of making an offer on it. It is near Penguin Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment